Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Packed, and Just About Ready to go


Tomorrow I leave for Spain. I fly out of Kansas City at 2:30, arrive in Atlanta at 5:19, then depart for Madrid at 9:00 and bearing no monumental delays should get to Madrid at 11:20 then to Santaigo (finally) at 2:30 Spain time. For all of you keeping track, Spain is GMT +1 making it six hours ahead of CST (it'll be seven during daylight savings time).



I am flying with a group from KU, which makes me a little less nervous about the travel part. Once I get there, we will be staying in a Hostel until we find our own apartments. While this sounds tremendously daunting (I am going to Spain with no where to live?!) the Office of Study Abroad has assured us many times that people find apartments with no problem. I am trying NOT to worry about it, I can't help but feel anxious about it - I'm going to have to use my Spanish to negotiate with a landlord and hopefully find an apartment with hot water, no/few bugs, and an internet connection.

I am excited for my classes! Monday I have to take a placement test and hopefully i'll be getting 500 level credit for my grammar class. Our classes start on Tuesday (making it t-minus 5 days to find an apartment!) and I will have one class with International students and the rest will be with KU kiddies. Our classes are rumored to be easy and our books are supposed to be cheap - hopefully making it a winning combination for a GPA boost.

I will write again once I am in Spain and post my new phone number (if you are ever in the mood to make some international calls). In the meantime, feel free to leave a comment (you can post as anonymous if you aren't a blogger member) or email me.


Valerie

3 comments:

Kate said...

ahhh!!! im anxious about tomorrow!!! i am SO glad you will be there with me though! love love!

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you.

Dimpika Bhat

meredithia said...

that is scary that you guys don't know where you're staying! and yeah, I had my blogger for some people at church, but I'm going to get back into it now that you guys have one.